Royal Mail Announces Temporary Change to Saturday Post
From the beginning of May, Royal Mail is suspending Saturday deliveries for letters. This means that direct mail campaigns and similar mailings that would normally arrive on a Saturday will now reach recipients on either Friday or Monday. For second class post sent on a Friday, arrival will likely be the following Tuesday.
These temporary changes are being put in place in response to the coronavirus pandemic. The move has occurred due to factors including a high rate of staff absence related to coronavirus and the continuing need for social distancing measures with Royal Mail staff.
Royal Mail has stated that it plans to resume full six day-a-week delivery from June 13th.
In the meantime, here is a list of the services that will continue to be delivered on Saturdays:
- First class parcels
- First class Signed-For parcels, large letters and letters
- 2nd class parcels
- Royal Mail 24 parcels and large letters
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 and 48 Parcels and Tracked Letter boxable formats
- Royal Mail Tracked Returns
- Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am* (all formats)
- Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm* (all formats)
- International import tracked services (all formats)
While these altered deliveries are in place, please know that Mailing Expert is still working at full capacity. We are fully flexible in order to adjust our production and to pull forward mailing dates wherever necessary.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, feel free to contact us. We are keeping calm and carrying on making sure everyone’s direct mail campaign goes smoothly.