Devilishly Good Direct Mailing Campaigns!
It’s tempting to think that an email campaign will be more cost-effective than a direct mailing campaign. Don’t be fooled by that thought! The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) carried out a survey in 2012 and the results indicate that response rate from marketing received through the post is on average 4.4%, whereas with an email it’s a mere 0.12%.
Why could that be? Well, you know yourself that our in-boxes are continually bombarded by emails in such great number that, mostly, we ignore them. In the past, we complained about junk mail through our letterboxes. That has now reduced drastically – so has become a good means of reaching your target customers, with a greater likelihood of your message being read.
Here’s another statistic from Royal Mail to make you think: “In 2011-12 an average of 82% of direct mail was opened”.
We’re direct mailing experts at Mailing Expert! We can help you to put together a top notch campaign to encourage responses which may convert into more business for you.
Here are some of our red hot tips:
1. Check out mail you’ve received. You’ll get plenty in the post. See what works for you, what catches your attention and what you screw up into a ball in disgust. Now you’ll be able to plan your own mailing…
2. Design well. Make sure your mailing reflects your company branding and is stylishly conceived on good quality paper – oh, and make sure it’s easy to open. No joke – people will chuck things away if they have to struggle with impenetrable packaging.
3. Write carefully. Be certain your direct mail is packed with relevant information, written in a compelling way, and, importantly, contains no typos or grammatical errors which will give a very poor impression of your company. And make sure your headline is zappy!
4. Entice with an offer. Add value with a discount, free trial or bonus gift, with a clear call to action so whoever reads your mail will want to say yes!
5. Be targeted. Don’t send out thousands of letters at random. We can help you to refine your data to create high quality prospect lists so your mailing campaign will reach exactly the right people.
6. Do test runs. You could try out some different approaches in small campaigns and monitor the results to see what will work best before you embark on a large scale roll out.
7. Pick your time. Align your campaigns with your other marketing activities, with the season and your clients’ buying habits.
8. Follow up. You could follow up with an email which links to your website to drive more traffic your way.
9. Speak to us! Actually, this should be Tip Number 1! We can help you with all of the above so…
If you have any questions just contact us on 01825 983 033.