Business Cards – No Second Chance to Make a First Impression
With stringent budgets, many small companies, quite understandably, look for every opportunity to economise. One of the ways too many people choose is with their business cards. There are so many online companies with enticing deals for self-design cards at ridiculous, rock-bottom prices that it’s hard to resist. There’s that old adage – you get what you pay for, and nowhere is it more apt than with business cards.
What does your business card say about you?
A card poorly printed on flimsy cardboard, creased at the corners, slightly soiled, in low resolution print? What would that say about a company or its representative in the first few seconds? Cheap, quality not important, cuts corners, doesn’t care about business image. Would YOU choose to engage commercially with someone who presents that impression?
No, we didn’t think so.
Spend a little money then, on a high quality card that you will be proud to hand out, which will truly reflect your professionalism and establish positive perceptions in a potential client’s mind.
Making the most of a small rectangle of cardboard
- Less is more – choose the crucial information you need to convey – your name, contact details, company logo – and leave it at that. Don’t clutter your card with so many details that someone will need a magnifying glass to be able to read the text!
- Line of work – maybe your company name makes that obvious – Fred Bloggs the Builders, for example – but if not, do include a couple of words about what you actually do!
- Standard size? – probably best, otherwise your card won’t fit in people’s card holders and may get lost. You could get away with something unusual if your business is on the creative arts side, but why not make an impact with a stunning design rather than a quirky shape?
- Design is key – it’s your brand, a reflection of your company, so if you can’t do a good job yourself, then employ someone who can. You want your card to be memorable – but for the right reasons!
- Clear font – there’s nothing more annoying than a fancy font which may look funky but is completely illegible.
- Blank back – this can be useful for people to use to jot down notes about you as an aide-memoire
Mailing Expert is here to help
We offer 100 top quality digital business cards from £35+VAT (excluding delivery) or 500 litho business cards from £59+VAT (excluding delivery). We can design them too, from £55+VAT.
If you want to create a brilliant first impression with your business cards – look no further than Mailing Expert.
Give us a call on 01825 983033 or have a look at our website for information on our print services.